• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wills/trust fund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tank

this is taking place right now in iowa
i have been told by my father(trustee) that a living trust fund ,set up by my uncle (trustor)( uncle by marriage only) is irrevocable and in my name only. and i(beneficiary) would not recieve the funds until both parents have passed away and thier estate is closed. and that if anyone in the family asked about it they would be told nothing about it.

my fathers estate is closed and my mothers is closing soon. my mother's will has been changed to read anything left in the estate would be shared by all the children. the youngest brother is the excutor of the estate and has opened an account to funnel the money from the estate. he got caught with the account the lawyer for the estate said he doesn't know anything about it, but everyone else in the family does. the lawyer has told me that if i don't sign to agree to the mess he would take me to court and turn it over to the state of iowa and have them take care of it. the exuctor has also informed me that i could not call him to ask questions or he will have my phone removed.

by changing the will and having to sign thier agreement to share in this mess. does this have any effect on the living trust fund? is it possible for the excutor of my mothers will to have control over my fathers(trustee) part of the living trust fund? can the excutor of my mother's will use the paperwork that my father had from being the trustee can he find the location and access the living trust fund? can the account that was opened by my brother (excutor)be used to manipulate the money from the trust fund in any way shape or form? what should i do?

ALawyer

This is the most confusing story I have heard in a long time.

A will can NOT be changed after the person who made it dies.
A lawyer can not take out your phone just becaose you inquire.

You are so confused -- and Lord knows what else has been going on by way of family dynamics -- that I only can suggest that you now hire a lawyer to represent your interests, and let that lawyer figure it out and help you resolve it for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">