• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wills & trust questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gbquestions

my father was placed as the executor of our family's trust after the death of my mother. My name was listed as the alternate. Due to my father's age(90)& signs of dementia, my siblings & I would like him to step down from this position. We don't know whether to approach he & his new wife first or consult a lawyer first...sensitive situation, however it is very obvious he is not mentally at a place where he should be the one making the decisions over the familys trust. His lawyer, off the record, acknowledged that my father's mental faculties were not up to par & suggested we get our own lawyer. Would it be worthwhile to just try to have a conversation with my father's wife first to see if she would agree to have him step down, or would it be better to find out all our "rights" by consulting a lawyer firstWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">