• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wills,trusts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kltucker

My mother recently died. She had a trust which says to divide everything 4 ways, between my 3 siblings and myself. What do we do if 2 people want the same thing. The item in dispute is a $500.00 set of China (dishes). My brother wants it and so does my sister. (I don't) Talking with my friends about this they can't believe that my brother wants it. They say usually the daughters get the "kitchen" stuff. My brother wants it because his wife wants it. So, legally who gets it?; who decides who gets it? Is there any protocol regarding this? My sister wants it for sentimental reasons; my brother because his wife likes it. Flip a coin? Divide it? What is the legal way to do it? Thanks. We live in California.
Kathy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">