• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1 year without prejudice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moe15

What is the name of your state?NY

I have a question about the law about paying without prejudice. Article 2 S21-a.1-4 It states that the payment of temporary compensation can be done without the IC from taking liability for the injury. If the issue is not contested with a decision by the end of 1 year, the IC then is admitting to the liability for the payments.
The payments are not clarified as to whether it is any payments made to the case, such as medical bills, reduced earnings, etc.

I have an issue with the IC about my migraines. They want to fight causal relations now after over 2 years of complaining about them. In 07/03 the judge told the IC to pay the disputed medical bills. Although there is nothing stated about the payment being done without prejudice, I am assuming it is if they are trying to dispute the causal relation now.
My question is, can they do this after they have already paid for treatments and appointments over 1 year ago? Nothing was ever decided within one year to say that it was not related to my injury???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">