• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 small children and fired while on W/C

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mike Divito

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?texas
Well they did it I have been fired. I have been on w\c for a little over a month and I know they only fired me because of that. I did contact their insurace company and they were really uspset withthe company and said the would start my w\c pay today. cAN i TRUST THEM? They aslo said they couldn't fire me right now and she asked me to please give her a day to see what happened AND WHATS WRONG WITH THE COMPANY. They never even contacted them. I told them I was going to have a hard time finding a job because I can only work 32 hours a week and lite duty and I am in the maintenance feild. Where can I even get a job when I can't eveN perform the full duties at this time go figure. They also fired me for one thing and wrote anoher on my term paper work today. I do have to supervisers who said they do not agree with this and they think it was wrong and if I need anything to let them know. I don't know what to do or where to turn I have 2 small children and need their insurance for my son's ADHD. This was wrongful termanation and only done because I filed w\c and I am still hurt. I did find a e-amil under monster .com job search for my job the day I was released to return to work. Kinda funny and they said I missed a cofrance call on 8/16/2004 and I do have a witness statment that I attemped 2 times to call in but I was locked out of the call and they just fired me today 9/14-2004 almost one month later but never said one word about this before. My vaction role over is on the 30th to so I'm sure they didn't want to pay that to me as well. I need some advice ASAP... Mike

OHNnurse

What reason did they give for firing you? You missed a conference call?

If you feel that they did fire you because of your wc injury, hire an attorney and file a retalitory discharge suit against your company. Some attorney's will consult initially with you for free. Consult with an attorney to see if you do have a retalitory discharge case.

Good luck!

dtown7

Same thing happened to me !! I can't find a lawyer to take my case. If you do find a lawyer let me know. By law they are not suppose to fire you but they always find a loop hole. The fact that we live in Texas (employment at will state) I'm sure that doesn't help. If you were just released maybe you can have your doctor take away the restrictions so you can at least get unemployment. Did you get an impairment rating yet? You can get unemployment and your impairment rating at the same time which could be pretty decent. I feel your pain because I don't have health insurance either and I need it desperately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">