• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd medical opinion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

markumn

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I was injured on the job. I was fired 3 weeks later. I was allowed to see a WC surgeon 3 months after I was fired. I had ulnar decompression surgery. 3 weeks of PT. I was put back to full duty, even though I was having mild to extreme pain and numbness that I did not have before the surgery.

I got a new job, but I had to quit after 2 weeks, because of the pain. I have not worked since. I hired a lawyer. He suggested a 2nd opinion. I had an EMG and nerve conduction study done. The results were normal. I was told there was nothing more to be done. Still in pain, I sought a 3rd opinion from a nuerosurgeon. My EMG came back normal, but my MRI showed scar tissue around my elbow and the incision area. He said that scar tissue does not cause pain.

This surgeon told me that he could not tell what was wrong unless he actually went into my arm. Also, he said that he would not do that. However, he did say that if he were my original surgeon, he would have transposed the nerve. Something is wrong and I need to prove it. My attorney is saying that even if I got the best surgeon in the world to agree that I have pain due to the injury/surgery, it wouldn't do any good. Is this true? I am willing to go anywhere to stop this pain.

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">