• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

62 and collecting workmen's comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SadSally

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

My husband was injured late in 2010 and received workmen's comp benefits until the doctor ruled him MMI in January 2012. He is not able to return to work and do his job with the restrictions set forth.

He has also been applying at other jobs through work force, however due to his limitations has not been able to secure a job.

After several doctor evaluations, both on our side and on the WC side, all doctors have noted that his surgeries have not been successful and his knee and leg are unstable to perform his job duties.

My husband planned to work until the age 68 (he is now 62) as I would be 62 at that time. We've lost our cobra, and now pay an insurance plan that is $600 a month more than when my husband was employed.

I keep asking the question what type of settlement my husband would receive, what is taken into consideration, etc.... will WC even offer a settlement, but can't seem to get any answers from our attorney. Is a court settlement work pursuing?

Thank you for your assistance.

canhelp

yes.
additional disability benefits are payable by workers compensation for permanent impairment. the duration of the payments would be based on your husband's permanent disability rating. he should review the state website for information on permanent disability benefits:
http://www.dli.mn.gov/WC/General.asp

he should also look into requesting vocational rehabilitation as partial impairment benefits are not enough to live on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">