• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After a AME decision can workers comp ask for a FCE?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yareli

Contact the governing agency of work comp in California
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/IandA.html

You do understand the difference between an AME and an FCE, right?
yes i do AME is a independent doctor that evaluates the injured not taking any sides of the matter and FCE is the fisical evaluation asked by work comp in this case.
Thank you so much

csi7

AME is Agreed Medical Examination. FCE is Functional Capacity Evaluation.

A Neuropsychological Evaluation is another option.

To understand the purpose of the functional capacity evaluation and agreed medical examination in order to request a neuropsychological evaluation, you would need to know what is missing in the medical evidence case file.

yareli

AME is Agreed Medical Examination. FCE is Functional Capacity Evaluation.

A Neuropsychological Evaluation is another option.

To understand the purpose of the functional capacity evaluation and agreed medical examination in order to request a neuropsychological evaluation, you would need to know what is missing in the medical evidence case file.
Forgive my ignorance and with all due respect but I dont think you understood my initial question Can workers comp ask for a FCE after a AME gave a final decision on the case?
the FCE is being requested by workers comp not the AME I know the meaning of the letters I was just trying to explain in a easier faster way thank you for your time anyway.

Ladyback1

Forgive my ignorance and with all due respect but I dont think you understood my initial question Can workers comp ask for a FCE after a AME gave a final decision on the case?
the FCE is being requested by workers comp not the AME I know the meaning of the letters I was just trying to explain in a easier faster way thank you for your time anyway.
I would assume the AME physician was either not clear on work ability/restrictions, didn't address them or the examiner is not pleased with what the AME physician provide as work restrictions.

Again, I'm speaking generally and not specifically to CA. The examiner can request an FCE to address work restriction/work capabilities. Especially if the AME physician did not/would not/could not address physical limitations. Or was not clear and concise enough for the claims examiner. Sometimes, the FCE testing is used as leverage to create a disputed fact in the case, thus the claims examiner is able to start work on some sot of disputed settlement.

From my own personal experience as a claims examiner: I never found FCE's to be all that helpful. A lot of the results are subjective based on observations by the person administering the FCE (usually a physical therapist).

If you do not have an attorney retained, I would suggest getting one or at least consulting with one. If you are to the point of an AME, then the claims examiner believes your claim is close to an end, and will be working to de-activate your claim.
(6 years of work comp experience, it's what I would have been told to do as an examiner/adjuster...)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">