• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I in the right section?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Miaart

What is the name of your state? Virginia Crime happened in DC)

I don't know what area this would pertain to but I need help.

I recently worked at a night club being a go-go dancer (I danced on podiums in clothes small clothes but not stripper clothes)...eye candy

The man who hired me knew I was 20...other girls were underaged to drink as well.

The owner of the club came to watch us dance and asked that we stay longer (past closing), he bought us all bottles of champaigne and kept that particular room that we dance in open at least an hour after closing for customers.

After we were paid I walked to my car by myself obviously intoxicated an hour later then I usually walk out and was then raped by two men in my car. Unfortunately I was too drunk to stop them and would not even be able to identify them if they find prints in my car.

Do i have any case against the club for anything?

tjr5150

Unfortunately I was too drunk to stop them and would not even be able to identify them if they find prints in my car.
I don't know if you have a case against the club, when someone is raped is a place like that (AT THERE Car) the cops should of had you taken to the hospital for a rape kit, since it was at your car they should of printed it or there should be camera's around the club then they would do dna test....

BelizeBreeze

Did you even Call the police? File a report? Visit the emergency room? And, how long ago did this occur?

The answers to these questions mean that unless you have done all of the above, there WAS no rape, therefore, no civil penalty for the club, IF they can be found to be held liable at all, even with a conviction.

M

Miaart

I did call the police

I was sent to the hospital, they preformed a rape kit.

My car is still being held for evidence and the police have not yet been able to talk to all those whom i worked with that night.

M

Miaart

this actually occured two weeks ago and the police have still not gotten back to me about prints or anything of that sort in my car. They are still holding my car infact. Is there a certain amount of time I need to worry about if i were to try to hold the club liable?

tjr5150

I don't think the club is liable, this was after hours and not inside the club so you might have a hard time holding the club responible...

BelizeBreeze

tjr5150 said:
I don't think the club is liable, this was after hours and not inside the club so you might have a hard time holding the club responible...
Really? An you you base this ONLY on the fact that the incident occurred 'after hours' ? Do you have a crystal ball? KNow anything about comperable negligence? Have you ever read a law book?

CHRIST, where do you people come from?

tjr5150

Really? An you you base this ONLY on the fact that the incident occurred 'after hours' ? Do you have a crystal ball? KNow anything about comperable negligence? Have you ever read a law book?
no i did not base this on the fact that it occured after hours, yes i said it was after hours..... i aslo know that for every person that is raped in a parkinglot you can not hold the owner or company responsible,if that was the case then every company in america would be broke paying for someone's rape case....

CHRIST, where do you people come from?
i come from a family of police officers.....

p.s. if you don't like what i say don't read it, also what help are you to her if all your doing is is quoteing what i say and bitching about it........

BelizeBreeze

Thank God you're not in court defending or prosecuting crimes. You'd fall all over yourself trying to spell the word LAW.

The fact that it happened outside or inside the club, at what time of the day or night it happened or that it happened at all have little to do with the options open to the poster at this time PERIOD!

This is a civil matter. or did you forget that in your civil liability class? :rolleyes:

Lorane

BelizeBreeze, do you even have any sort of compassion?

This person was raped. She would have a valid case against the club for hiring someone under age. Please check into hiring an attorney.

BelizeBreeze

Lorane said:
If you want compassion go to Oprah.com. Where the hell does this site say anything about Compassionate advice that has nothing to do with the law.

Yes, she can sue the club for hiring her when she was underage. At that point, the club's attorney will simply mount a defense of he-said, she-said.

What did she put on the application? That she was underage? I doubt it. Was she told to lie on the application? By whom? Prove it. Was she raped? Maybe, but until a charge of rape is shown and proven, she has no foundation to assert a civil claim against the club.

In fact, the ONLY thing she can prove is that she had sex of some sort that night, that it occurred in the parking lot of a certain club and that she was underage to be working in the club.

Now, you tell me any other facts that are contained in her post that give rise to ANY civil damages that the club would be responsible for?

tjr5150

she has no foundation to assert a civil claim against the club..
This is what you said in your last post^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is a civil matter. or did you forget that in your civil liability class?
This is what you said to me when you were being a know it all^^^^^^^^^
now i'm not saying i know the answer, all i stated is i don't think the club is responsible......

Yes, she can sue the club for hiring her when she was underage. At that point, the club's attorney will simply mount a defense of he-said, she-said.
your right....

What did she put on the application? That she was underage? I doubt it. Was she told to lie on the application? BUY Whom?
again right she would have to prove she was told by someone to lie, now she is also responsible for lying on a application that is a federal offense.....

Should she have compassion?? what was an underage girl doing working in a club?? parents partly to blame?? maybe... also when i was in school and worked part time in a restraunt/sports bar the waitress did not repeat did not walk to there car without one of us walking them out to there car....
why did'nt a bouncer walk her to her car?? what if this is just a young girl who had sex with the onwer and he wanted nothing more but she wanted more this may be her why of dealing with it??? **** like this happens every day?? do i have compassion?? NO, do i think this sucks for her?? yes no girl deserves to be treated like **** and taken advantage of....did this really happen?? maybe...is this just her way of getting back at a guy?? maybe....

BelizeBreeze

again right she would have to prove she was told by someone to lie, now she is also responsible for lying on a application that is a federal offense.....
WRONG! It would be a violation of STATE liquor licensing laws. More than likely, a misdemenor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">