• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jenleigh013

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My daughter's boyfriend was assaulted at work last week, a box thrown at his face leaving a huge red injury and pain in neck, the supervisor clocked him out and and requested the other clock out then came out and fired my daughter's boyfriend, never reported the assault/injury, what should he do

Last edited by a moderator:

davew128

Go to a doctor? File for workers compensation if he couldn't work because of injury? File for unemployment? I would have thrown the box back at him myself but for others not capable of doing so, police involvement would have been appropriate...

justalayman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My daughter's boyfriend was assaulted at work last week, a box thrown at his face leaving a huge red injury and pain in neck, the supervisor clocked him out and and requested the other clock out then came out and fired my daughter's boyfriend, never reported the assault/injury, what should he do
who never reported the assault? and to whom should it have been reported to?

If the boyfriend wanted to make a police report it was up to him. If he didn't, it's on him.

If he was injured he needs to seek medical attention. Depending on the situation, he may be able to seek compensation under workers comp or from the person that caused his injury.

but since you asked what he should do; I would suggest looking for another job. Filing for unemployment would be appropriate but given the circumstances it sounds like he might be disqualified do to some improper behavior.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
He should handle the matter himself, how he sees fit.

(And if he is a minor, then it is HIS parents who should be dealing with it.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">