• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assaulted on the job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C3454

I work as an Inspector for an oil and gas company in Odessa Texas (contracted labor). While on the job about a month ago, the sub-contractor's foreman physically assaulted me when I confronted him on a safety issue. (There was a previous argument between this foreman and myself were he "cursed" me on a specification issue. He was doing all the arguing. This argument happened the second week of the job. I reported this argument to my Supervisor.) I am in charge of safety and specifications on this job. I suffered a shoulder injury during the altercation. I have not seen a doctor about this injury. This foreman works for the contractor that was awarded the bid to install the job for the company I work for. I called the police immediately after the assault, no one was arrested. I was written a third degree ticket (unbenounced to me) which came in the mail two weeks ago. So I missed my first arraignment. Although, I did not sign anything when the policeman came to the job site. I was not aware of the ticket as it was mailed to my home state of Louisiana and I am still currently working in Texas. The foreman was dismissed from this job. I remain working on the job. Do I have a case against the foreman or the sub contractor? I do have an audio of the altercation, as my cell phone was recording on voicemail. On the voicemail you can hear him using profanity and treating me as he was assaulting me. Thank you.

OHRoadwarrior

The police apparently investigated and made a determination you were partially at fault, hence the charge. This compromises any potential claim you might initiate. I don't think a lawyer will touch it.

susanlappin31

Plus you have not seen a doctor so there are no injuries documented and you have no damages.
exactly! this is one of the most important document that you should've in you to strengthen your claim. you still need more information on about your issue would be better if you seek advice from a personal injury claims expert.

quincy

exactly! this is one of the most important document that you should've in you to strengthen your claim. you still need more information on about your issue would be better if you seek advice from a personal injury claims expert.
Uh, is this the English they speak in London??? Proserpina?

commentator

I work as an Inspector for an oil and gas company in Odessa Texas (contracted labor). While on the job about a month ago, the sub-contractor's foreman physically assaulted me when I confronted him on a safety issue. (There was a previous argument between this foreman and myself were he "cursed" me on a specification issue. He was doing all the arguing. This argument happened the second week of the job. I reported this argument to my Supervisor.) I am in charge of safety and specifications on this job. I suffered a shoulder injury during the altercation. I have not seen a doctor about this injury. This foreman works for the contractor that was awarded the bid to install the job for the company I work for. I called the police immediately after the assault, no one was arrested. I was written a third degree ticket (unbenounced to me) which came in the mail two weeks ago. So I missed my first arraignment. Although, I did not sign anything when the policeman came to the job site. I was not aware of the ticket as it was mailed to my home state of Louisiana and I am still currently working in Texas. The foreman was dismissed from this job. I remain working on the job. Do I have a case against the foreman or the sub contractor? I do have an audio of the altercation, as my cell phone was recording on voicemail. On the voicemail you can hear him using profanity and treating me as he was assaulting me. Thank you.
I'm not seeing a case. For what? You had no damages, no medical bills, did not report this as an on the job injury, so there doesn't seem to be any worker's comp issue here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">