• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assaulted at work. What to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drewcrew

From Pennsylvania:

I was employed by a temp agency. One day at work someone hit me, knocking me out, and put me in the hospital. Workers compensation was denied, and now I want to sue. Should I sue? Who should I sue? What should I sue for? What is the best way to go about this?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
From Pennsylvania:

I was employed by a temp agency. One day at work someone hit me, knocking me out, and put me in the hospital. Workers compensation was denied, and now I want to sue. Should I sue? Who should I sue? What should I sue for? What is the best way to go about this?
Sue the person that hit you. Did you report this to the police?

LdiJ

What are your damages?
He spent three days in the hospital. Even with insurance he is going to have some bills to pay. Most likely significant ones. He also missed work and was denied worker's comp.

The damages are pretty obvious.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
He spent three days in the hospital. Even with insurance he is going to have some bills to pay. Most likely significant ones. He also missed work and was denied worker's comp.

I don't disagree about the damages, but I do wonder how you know he spent three days in the hospital.

single317dad

What OP should sue for will hinge on what his damages are. Your response didn't answer my question.

Just Blue

From Pennsylvania:

I was employed by a temp agency. One day at work someone hit me, knocking me out, and put me in the hospital. Workers compensation was denied, and now I want to sue. Should I sue? Who should I sue? What should I sue for? What is the best way to go about this? .
LD...Based on the cut'n'paste of the opening post...Where does it state OP was in the hospital for three days? Do you know something we don't?:confused::confused:

Ladyback1

From Pennsylvania:

Of course, like any post here, we're only getting the partial story.

Why did they hit you?
Who hit you (customer, co-worker)?
Was it completely unprovoked?
Where the police involved?

You can fight a work comp denial....but, you can also sue the person that struck you. And your chances of winning a personal injury loss suit could be dependent on the answers to the above...

LdiJ

LD...Based on the cut'n'paste of the opening post...Where does it state OP was in the hospital for three days? Do you know something we don't?:confused::confused:
I am totally confused. I swear, that is what I thought it said the first time I read it.:confused:

drewcrew

Looks like I'll have to get a lawyer for this one and explain the specifics. I don't want to go into specifics here. What I can tell you is it was a co-worker that hit me and I have bills.

quincy

Looks like I'll have to get a lawyer for this one and explain the specifics. I don't want to go into specifics here. What I can tell you is it was a co-worker that hit me and I have bills.
If you have a police report and medical bills, the lawyer will go over these and all of the facts of the incident with you, and the lawyer will help you determine if you have enough to support a lawsuit against the person who hit you.

You are probably smart to leave all of the specifics for an attorney in your area to review, instead of posting them on a public forum.

Good luck.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Then you should have filed a criminal complaint. If you didn't do that, that is a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">