• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attacked By Co-worker On Jobsite

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

monicaC12270

What is the name of your state? Indiana.
My husband was punched in the face/chin, and consequently, suffered neck injuries. The man who punched him is approx. 7 feet tall, and about 375 lbs. The man is employed by the same company as my husband, and the attack occured on a job site that both he, and my husband were sent to. My husband is only 5' 8" tall, and this hulk literally attacked him. My husband also notified his employer of this attack, and the hulk still works there. They even try to send him and my husband out to the same jobs. How can they get away with subjecting my husband to that sort of a threat to his safety?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

monicaC12270 said:
How can they get away with subjecting my husband to that sort of a threat to his safety?

My response:

They can easily get away with it!

After a fair reading of your post, it appears that your husband has done nothing to protect his rights. Therefore, the employer and the employee can do whatever they like!

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

monicaC12270 said:
The man who punched him is approx. 7 feet tall, and about 375 lbs.

My further response:

By the way, can anyone tell me why I'm always the last to know that Bubba has been released by the prison? :eek:

IAAL

K

kellya127

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Did your hubby call the police? This is a criminal matter. People can't just go around beating up others.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kellya127 said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Did your hubby call the police? This is a criminal matter. People can't just go around beating up others.

My response:

Probably not. The writer, instead, felt that it was wiser to ask someone on the Internet, rather than have her husband report this matter to the police.

Remember, earlier, I said - -

"After a fair reading of your post, it appears that your husband has done nothing to protect his rights. Therefore, the employer and the employee can do whatever they like!"

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">