+ Reply to Thread
    challenging1 is offline Junior Member

Back TTD Check and PD Advances

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I'm in a very complicated workers comp case. I was awarded 18 months of back TTD. When I received my check, the insurance company had deducted my prior advances from the back TTD check. This was in the beginning of this year. I am now in the position where I need an advance. I requested an advance and they stated they have advanced me all they could. I informed them the prior PD advances were deducted from the TTD check (which they are well aware of).

What would be the reasoning for not advancing me anything when all prior advances were paid up. Is it legal for them to deduct prior PD advances from back TTD checks? I also was not issues penalty fees for the TTD being late, is this something I have to request an expedited hearing for?
    lya
    lya is offline Senior Member
    Yes; they can recoup from your 'back pay'.

They can refuse to issue more advances if you have received all of the advances to which you are entitled.

I'm sure your worker's comp attorney can answer your other questions more accurately than any of us as he/she is familiar with all of the aspects of your complicated claim.