• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bankruptcy stops my workman's comp checks..state refuses to pay.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deedee8357

I was awarded workman's compensation from an on the job injury. A few years after I started collecting the company (Delphi) filed bankruptcy. Because the judge failed to address the workman's compensation cases, the insurance company that was paying ceased all my payments. This company was self insured and the law states the these payments should be picked up by the state...it has been 9 months since I received any pay. I have gone through my savings and I am desperate. When contacting the state, they shift the responsibility to GM (who bought some of the plants) and GM blames the state...in the meantime, I go without pay. I have the original attorney who won my case but he keeps telling me that it is going to court...may be a long process. I don't have time. I feel the state needs to pay and then the state and GM repay whomever is responsible. My desperation had me calling the state and GM every week. I have little income. My attorney asked me to stop calling everyone. I NEED AN AGGRESSIVE ATTORNEY that can stand before a judge and plead to order payment and backpay. They are in the rears thousands....HELP
the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">