• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

been on workers comp for 6 m and now i got this leave of absence request form?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freddy77

What is the name of your state?California
So I got injured at work in May o7 and been on works comp for 5 months.
Today i got a request for leave of absence from my employer what does this mean? does it mean i am leaving my job? i wana go back to work but my injuri has not heal. shoud i seek Attorney? Also the the wokers comp insur does not want to aprove more terapy******************************************:(
please help.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It means your employer needs more paperwork to extend your leave until you can come back. Fill it out, send it back, and stop worrying.

NoHarmNoFoul

That's exactly what it means. I've had to have my leave extended because of a work related injury. As long as you keep up with the paperwork, you keep your WC. Don't be suprised that if/when you return to work and need to continue the claim that you'll have to fill out this kind of stuff annually.

As for approving more therapy for your condition, your doctor may have to submit additional paperwork justifying its need and duration, but it has to be specific to correct a direct result of the injury. You'll have problems if another condition developed or was aggrevated by the injury, but your doctor should be able to provide adequate details.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">