• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

broken ankle at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

basebklyn7

What is the name of your state? iowa
was just looking for some advice on the actions i should take... on oct. 5 i was at work operating a Yale Hyster (stand up fork truck) and as i was coming around to stop to back up my pallet the floor pedal cut out so i lifted my foot off of it only to find out the forktruck had no brakes... so i was left with 2 options. to hit 2 people to my right or stop by running into the wall... i went straight at the wall to prevent injurying anyone else.. right before impact i paniced sp* and put my left foot out just a bit apparently by instinct thinking i could stop this. the back part of my foot got caught between the hyster and the wall.. was taken to hospital via ambulance and later found out i broke my fibula (right about the left ball on my ankle) and also my calcaneus (heel bone). i learned that right after this happened they had a safety meeting (first one since ive been there for 1 1/2 months) and also people were talking about how they knew that specific hyster didnt have breaks.. it has breaks now after the accident...
i was wondering if i might have a claim against this company and what i should do to go about being compensated for this. they are covering my hospital bills and i am recieving a small portion of what i made a week for workmans comp.. (very little) thanks for any advice about a possible personal injury suit.. thanks again sean

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">