• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I file a work comp claim after I have been layed off.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

laughwthme

California
I was layed off in Nov. 03 by my employer because they said, they were outsourcing the job I was doing. I filed an incident report with my supervisor after a visit with my personal doctor, in which I had EMG test done for my neck. It was then found that I suffer from carpal tunnel in both hands. One worse then the other. I also have the report filed to my doctor stating the results of the EMG test done on May 02 At the time I filed the report which was after the doctor visit. the HR department never contacted me. Also my employer had filed for bankruptcy March of 02. When I called the HR department and asked if they were going to do anything I was told if my hands hurt go to Occ. Med. At that time my hands were okay, and my own doctor gave me wrist braces to wear at night. So I did not go to Occ. Med. At this time my hands are getting worse. I have app. to see doctor about my hands and want to know if they tell me my hands are bad, can I file a claim against my former employer? My biggest concern is I may not get another job in my line of work because if the new employer tests for CT I will fail. My former job I used the computer all day long for 11 years. Thank you

Beth3

If you have an occupational injury/illness that is attributable to your job, you may file a WC claim with the employer even if you no longer work there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">