• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I file Workers Comp?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mander15

In Colorado if I was injured on the job will workers comp cover me even if I test positive for marijuana? I don't use at work but I do smoke after work and it's legal in Colorado?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The best way to find out is to file the claim and see what they say. No one here has a crystal ball to say what your workers comp carrier will do. Particularly when we have no details about your injury or how you were injured.

commentator

If you were injured on the job and your company did not get involved immediately, I gather that it is maybe an on going injury you're talking about, like carpal tunnel, not a sudden oopsie type injury such as that you fell off a ladder or something. In most states, even if you show evidence of marijuana use when you are tested, (which is usually done in case of a work related accident) if the injury was not directly related to the drug use, they'll still cover things, and it would be decided on a case by case basis.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">