• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

surfergirl336

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I slipped on a wet floor at work and hit my head on a post. I am presently receiving worker's comp but I was wondering if I would also be able to sue the company I work for? I know in some states that if you are receiving worker's comp you can not sue the company. :confused:

Beth3

No, you cannot sue the company. Worker's compensation is your sole recourse. Whatever benefits you are due were determined by your State legislature and are outlined in your State's WC regulations.

S

surfergirl336

Should I be in contact with a lawyer while I am on worker's comp in case there are any problems.

Beth3

It's up to you but if you're not having any problems (i.e. your medical bills are being paid, you're receiving compensation from the carrier for any lost time due to the injury, etc.), then you don't need a lawyer. There's no sense paying for something you don't need.

The vast majority of WC claims are handled straightforwardly by the employer and the WC carrier and no legal assistance is necessary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">