• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue my employer for firing me**************

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dolph27

What is the name of your state? New York

I hurt my back in june of 2005, lifting a tote bucket not labled, that weighted over 100 pounds. (I built radars for the army/Goverment). The day after I went off "Light Duty" my employer fired me. First of all, is that even legal?????? My doctor said that I will not get better. I would have to have spinal surgery every 3 years or so to keep my spine from getting worse. I have been on workers comp since the injury. I have been through alot from this injury. I am in pain Everyday and All Day. This is the short list of the problems......

--Back injury from job
--Depression because of back injury ( Per Doctors say so), and loss of job
--excessive weight loss because of the depression ( to date 85lbs)

Workers comp keeps denying my meds for the depression, they say its not work related even though I have paperwork from the doctors. My doctor has given me a handicapp sticker for my car.

Recently, I was diagnosed with Bi-Polor that the doctor says I have had for a very long time and never new.

Can I sue for my back injury??? Or for them firing me the day after I got off light duty???? Also how long do I have before I can;t sue.

I am only 27 years old and A single mother of a 7 year old little girl. I Should have my whole life in from on me. I can't even do the things I used to with my daughter. I hope someone can help.

Thanks to everyone......

Mandy
New York

dolph27

I forgot to mention I do not receive any money from workers comp. All they do is cover my doctors bills and medicines for my back

Mandy

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How much time did you miss from work before you were fired? How long were you on light duty?

Were you capable of performing your job duties with or without an accomodation?

seagoing

You should talk with an atty.that specializes in W/C.their consult is usually free.You certainly have questions as to why you are not being paid,and being denied some treatment recommended by the treating Dr.Im sure the Bi-polar is an excuse for the ins.co to deny the depression treatments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">