• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you sue an employer in small claims?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

timidlady

I'm in Michigan. I am wondering how to pursue my vacation time pay. I wasn't paid for vacation that I took. I realize that isn't a protected right but an agreement between parties. Would I have to sever my employment to sue? It really is money that they owe me. They might just pay me still, but I was curious since this is the first time in my life I have experienced an employer failing to pay me. What is an appropriate waiting period to see if they will pay me? 30 days? 90 days? Thanks!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Michigan is big on "follow-your-policy" and doesn't really care a whole lot about vacation. What is your employer's policy on taking vacation and did you follow what you're supposed to do?

I'm asking, not accusing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">