• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

carrier refuses to pay for medical bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmtrxl

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan
My WC insurance carrier informed me that they will not authorize any further visits or testing my Dr. has asked to have done since I changed to the Dr. of my choice, I DID wait my 10 days. I have been treating with the same Dr. (of their choice) since May 2005 for a lower back injury, he has done no testing whatsoever, just prescribed Naprosin and Ibuprofen, and physical therapy. Still in pain daily, so decided to go to my Dr. He wants x-rays and a CT scan of my lower back, they said NO. Can they do this, do they have to pay for this?
Kim Troxell

Savage1

What was the initial diagnosis? You have been seen by the WC doctor for 6+ months for the same problem and he has not ordered any tests whatsoever?
You have several choices, you can risk it and get the test done (without WC's authorization) and if they come out negative, you may be stuck paying for it yourself, or if it comes out positive, then file it with WC. If they still refuse to pay, hire a lawyer.

Have you even asked your doctor to speak with the WC doctor to try and pursuade him to order the tests trough WC?

Just some thoughts....I am not a lawyer, so someone else here may be able to help you better than I can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">