• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case or no case??? Please HELP!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joemorrison

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

This past friday, i was at work in port aransas TX with my company. A thrid party company was delivering conduant(PVC pipe). The driver/unloader porceeded to unload the supply and flung out the roll of PVC(about 12 per bundle/12ft long) and connected me in the face causing a laceration(alittle less than an inch) requiring four stitches. I also have abrasions on my cheeks. Would I have a case?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are asking whether you have a case to file a workers comp claim, yes, you do.

If you are asking whether you have a case to sue anyone, no, you don't.

justalayman

it would appear the OP was injured by a third party. If so and the injuring party was negligent, I see no reason the OP could not sue the 3rd party but given the injuries listed, it would not be worth the trouble. Just let WC take care of the bills and move on with life. It will be a lot easier and is a guaranteed win. Suing the other party isn't.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That was my thought as well - the injuries were not significant enough to support a lawsuit.

joemorrison

Thanks for the awesome reply people! Well my scar(laceration) has healed up fairly decent. Not knowing at the time i suffered a contusion to the face, scalp and neck. X-rays revealed blunt trauma to five of my teeth that I recently had 5 root canals done that really hurt to protect my teeth. I now have vaneers that are uncomfortable and look fake. Not so happy with my smile anymore. I am going to seek legal councel now. Just really sad on the outcome of this whole mess!!! :mad:

Thanks peeps!!!

joemorrison

Knowing now the extent of injury, should i proceed with a lawsuit??? Yet alone have a strong enough case for one?

joemorrison

I can see your point, however, my teeth that were covered with these vaneers were shaved down to little nubs, all five of them. the dentist also said that these vaneers can come loose over a peroid of time and will have to have them re-cemented on. I was so shocked on how they had to shave down my teeth(like baby teeth). So if for example they do come loose in 3, 10, 20 years, I'll have to go around showing baby teeth and can't smile because of this till I can get them re-cemented on. Yet alone they are the five front top and lower ones. I cant hide them. End the end, I'm the one that has to live with them... very sad...:(

HomeGuru

I can see your point, however, my teeth that were covered with these vaneers were shaved down to little nubs, all five of them. the dentist also said that these vaneers can come loose over a peroid of time and will have to have them re-cemented on. I was so shocked on how they had to shave down my teeth(like baby teeth). So if for example they do come loose in 3, 10, 20 years, I'll have to go around showing baby teeth and can't smile because of this till I can get them re-cemented on. Yet alone they are the five front top and lower ones. I cant hide them. End the end, I'm the one that has to live with them... very sad...:(
**A: the operative word is "if"

joemorrison

I used the word "if". The dentist said they would. :( and again, I have to alter my actions, hobbies, work duties, anything that puts my face, mouth in a situation to where they can be knocked, hit, pulled, pushed, or punched out. basically babysit my facail area to avoid them getting removed that wouldn"t have happened to original teeth due to someones neglect??? For the rest of my life. I won"t grow new ones unfortunitly :(

Last edited:

ecmst12

You said you were going to seek legal counsel. So do it. If you can find a lawyer to take your case on contingency, then that means you have a case. If you can't, it means you don't.

joemorrison

You said you were going to seek legal counsel. So do it. If you can find a lawyer to take your case on contingency, then that means you have a case. If you can't, it means you don't.
I wasn't at first ecmst12, but now that I'm looking fake in my mouth(like ceramic), I'm just uncomfortable with smiling and cautious with anything thats near my face. Secondly, the third party tried to takeoff before i regained my bearings and didn't even apologize. So ya, I have reconsidered and currently browsing counsel at this moment.

softy515

Wow, I have had a veneer for years with no issues nor was I ever told to alter my lifestyle to suit it. Perhaps I should have a word with my dentist about this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">