• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing Insurance Carriers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

ticktock3000

What is the name of your state? Florida. Hello everyone. To make things short I was injured on the job and had a osteochondral fracture, tore my ACL, and damage my meniscus in my left knee. I've been receiving benefits from my employers carrier with no bumps in the road. I do have a attorney from the beginning I may add. However, on the 1st of July the insurance carrier notified me that they would no longer be my insurance company that a new insurance company would be taking over my claim. The old insurance company paid me in advance for the whole month of July because they said it would give time for the new insurance company time for transition of my claim. Now here is my question it is the third week of August and I havn't received a check.Why? When insurance companys change do they have 21days to start benefits again as in the start of a claim? The Doctor hasn,t released me and I'm scheduled for surgery the second week in September. The Doctor also has said that I will not be able to go back to my previous profession that I will be limited to sedentary work so I need to be retrained. I'm already scheduled for orientation through Florida Department of Education. Thank you for taking the time to read this and any information on what might be going on would be greatly appreciated.

T

ticktock3000

I knew someone was going to ask that and I forgot to put it in the message. I contacted my attorneys office the begining of last week. I was told to give it seven days from the previous Friday. I did and I called back this past Friday and talked to the paralegal I always converse with and she told me she'd give the adjuster a call Monday because it was to late Friday and the adjuster is probably gone already. I called the attorneys office today after the mail ran and found out that my attorney along with the paralegal is out of town til thursday and there is no one to talk to. Now don't be misunderstood this attorney has been very good in getting any benefits I needed. I'm just looking for the answer to my questions and possible some advice from someone who has been in the same situation. Thanks

Last edited:

BlondiePB

There's no additional waiting period. Wait for your attorney to come back Thursday regarding your money. I have been in this position. Did FL change the waiting period for wages from 7 days to 21 days in 2003?

Last edited:
T

ticktock3000

I know you have 7 days before benefits are allowed to begin and the carrier has 21 days to pay the first benefit check. Thanks very much for your input. I think I'll have to wait no matter what for my attorney to get back. Meanwhile I'll try not to stand on the side of the road with a "Will Work For Food" sign."LOL" :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">