• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charity Event

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KJS

What is the name of your state?
Arkansas

My husband was at a charity event that his company had sent various teams to represent them. During the game, he broke his ankle in 5 places and dislocated it. Four plus hours of surgery, plates and pins in his leg and foot area, 3 day stay in the hospital, plus the cost of an ambulance too. Is this considered a work related injury? It was on company time, he was signed up by his manager and encouraged to participate (even though he tried to find a way out). He had also been told in his recent review to participate more and attend functions with the other professionals--that was his only mark against him. His manager told us everything would be taken care of at the hospital, never gave us the comp info he was supposed to , and the everything he mentioned--later told us not to worry our part would probably be only 5,000 dollars or so. His company was one of many sponsors for then event, he wasn't considered absent from work, but was paid as a regular pay day and it wasn't counted as vacation time, etc.

HELP, 5000 MAY NOT BE ALOT TO SOME BUT IT IS TO OUR FAMILY. My husband just got the job, and don't want to risk that--especially after having moved from one side of the U.S. across to the other for this position.

Betty

This sounds like a work related injury to me & should qualify for WC but someone else may come along with a different opinion. Did your husband submit a workman's comp. claim to the employer? He doesn't need to wait for the mgr. to "take care of things."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">