• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claims Adjuster cancelled benefits..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CncrndKid91

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? : Illinois

My father got hurt at work 2 years ago. He has six kids, including me. He was reciving workmen's comp, then it got cancelled because they said his A1C levels were too high. Is that even legal?

CncrndKid91

They said that he wasn't coopertating with his doctors, when he has doctors saying otherwise. He has had notes sent to his claims adjuster and whatnot saying he's doing all he can to lower his A1C.

Proserpina

They said that he wasn't coopertating with his doctors, when he has doctors saying otherwise. He has had notes sent to his claims adjuster and whatnot saying he's doing all he can to lower his A1C.

I'm not seeing how his A1C levels would even be an issue - it's not as if he got diabetes from work.

Am I misunderstanding something? Is the adjuster trying to imply that the blood glucose levels led up to the accident/injury?

(Besides - a brittle diabetic can be the most compliant patient in the world and STILL have an A1C of, for example, 10)

justalayman

does this have something to do with the work injury? Are they saying the lack of sugar control is exacerbating whatever injury he experienced?

CncrndKid91

It has nothing to do with the injury. He got hurt on a job two years ago. He's been a diabetic for over 11 years.

CncrndKid91

No, he says it's preventing the doctor from doing surgery. His doctor says he's fine for surgery, but the workmen's comp doctor disagrees.

CncrndKid91

The A1C was the same for the first 2 surgeries he's had as it is now. He just has a different workmen's comp doctor.

Proserpina

so, your fathers doctor is saying a 240 sugar level is fine and nothing needs to be done to reduce it?

(I used the example of 10 - not OP)

That aside, a brittle diabetic can run the gamut from 48 to 500+ in the same day even if he's following dietary/medical guidelines.

CncrndKid91

his a1c is 8 and has been for the past 2 years. he's had his rotator cuffs repaired, slap muscle in both shoulders repaired, his muscles & ligaments repaired & the first doctor messed it up. he has to go to a new doctor to get that repaired along with bulging discs and bone spurs in his neck.

justalayman

=Proserpina;2705225](I used the example of 10 - not OP
)I would have sworn I read where the OP posted that.:eek:

That aside, a brittle diabetic can run the gamut from 48 to 500+ in the same day even if he's following dietary/medical guidelines.
but the point is; it is inconsistent. From what little I read, there are also other serious problems generally present as well due to the extremes.

Proserpina

his a1c is 8 and has been for the past 2 years. he's had his rotator cuffs repaired, slap muscle in both shoulders repaired, his muscles & ligaments repaired & the first doctor messed it up. he has to go to a new doctor to get that repaired along with bulging discs and bone spurs in his neck.

So he's averaging around 180? I can understand both doctor's arguments in all honesty.

I think your father should speak with an attorney, ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">