• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Colleague injured at work, helped him rescue, my liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dorkz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois.

I have found my colleague lying underneath a car, the car was in reverse, and his leg was blocking the car in further motion. Just seeing that scene made me paralyzed, and i could not move. He shouted at me to move the car just a little bit forward, so he could be freed. I did so, he was grateful, he was not bleeding, nothing broken, he spent a night in hospital. He has back, neck and leg pain now.

I am asked to write a statement for the police and the insurance claim.
What should i say / not to say?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois.

I have found my colleague lying underneath a car, the car was in reverse, and his leg was blocking the car in further motion. Just seeing that scene made me paralyzed, and i could not move. He shouted at me to move the car just a little bit forward, so he could be freed. I did so, he was grateful, he was not bleeding, nothing broken, he spent a night in hospital. He has back, neck and leg pain now.

I am asked to write a statement for the police and the insurance claim.
What should i say / not to say?
If anything, you tell the truth. If you don't want to write a statement then don't say ANYTHING.

Matrafajlo

If the accident happened at work, notify your health and safety representative. Report your accident Case. Also Consider the cause of accident and photograph the hazard. Do not discuss the fault.

FlyingRon

Answer truthfully.

The state law protects you from liability other than willful and wanton misconduct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">