• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is a company liable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

therams1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

IS A COMPANY LIABLE IF A EMPLOYEE BRINGS HIS SON TO HELP HIM WORKS WHEN HE IS NOT A EMPLOYEE? THANKS

Betty

Yes, it would help if we knew liable for what - if he got injured; to pay him; if he made an error; or just what?

Thanks.

therams1

If you didn't know it, typing in capitals on the internet means you're shouting at us.
I'm sorry for the caps. I am getting different opinions on the question.

Let me explain it better.

It is a mobile home park.

The asst. manager who takes care of the landscaping has his son who is not employed workking with him.

Driving the company truck.

Is the park owners liable if something happens.

thank you

and again accept my apology.

pattytx

OK, so the son is working for the guy who does the landscaping? And the landscaping guy is an employee of the complex/management company? Does landscaper guy do this as part of his job or does he have his own landscaping business and he does this on the side?

justalayman

Is the park owners liable if something happens.
..possibly/maybe

as patty asked, still more clarification is needed.

along with patty's q's; are you trying to determine if the owner would be liable to the child for something (kid gets hurt doing whatever he is doing; needs a finger reattached)

or if the child could do something that the owner would be held liable for? (kid driving truck runs over little old lady resident)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How old is the son?

Is the father employed by the mobile home park as an employee, or is he an independent contractor who works for himself and has the mobile home park as a client?

Darras-Law

Employee son also needs to be an employee of the company for any liabilities

If landscaper is independendent contractor and mobile home is his client then if he brings his son the case is different but if the landscaper is employee of mobile home management company and boy is under age and makes any mistake then company is not liable for any thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">