• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Compensation from part time job too?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macher

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA/NJ

Hi, I have a full time job in PA and a permanent part time job in NJ. I just got injured on my full time job in PA and will be out of work probably for at least 6-8 weeks. I broke my hand.

My question is am I eligible for compensation from my permanent part time job in NJ? I believe and correct me if I'm wrong, but workmans comp insurance takes what you made in last 1/4 or similar. Am I eligible to get monetary benefits from permanent part time job even though I didn't get I injured on the part time job?

If so how should I procede getting compensation from my NJ permanent part time job? This injury just happened.

Regards,

Marc

canhelp

Pennsylvania comp law allows wages from all employments to be included for calculation of the disability benefit.

macher

Pennsylvania comp law allows wages from all employments to be included for calculation of the disability benefit.
Thank you. The company handling monetary compensation called me and left a message. This is the company that handles claims for my full time job.

Just to note I live in New Jersey. My full time job in which I got injured is in PA, my part time job is in NJ.

Will the company handling monetary benefits have access to my part time earnings as well to calculate monetary benefits?

I'm not sure how this works? Will company have access to my W-4 earnings to calculate benefits from full time job and part time job?

Ladyback1

not if you don't inform them.
And if you purposely lie, you could be subject to fraud (before, during or after anything is paid to you!). Not only would you have to pay the money back, you could also be subject to fees/fines/penalties and possibly jail time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">