• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Construction Workers' Comp Hernia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

A friend of mine asked me for help. He lives in Iowa and is subject to the rules of Iowa. He works for a construction company and he got a hernia on his lower belly a year ago while on the job and it has been getting worse and worse as time goes on. He never told them for fear of being fired. Now that work is getting real slow he thinks he will be laid off very soon (possibly in 3 weeks). He wanted me to do some research and find out what he should do and see if he can get Workers' compensation before he gets laid off. He wants to know if he has a case.

1. If in a week or two if his hernia bursts under picking up constant heavy objects monday thru friday 8-5 or not.

2. What if it doesn't burst and he get laid off and he doesn't have a chance to sue the company for his hernia caused during the work in this company during the past 1 year.

He finds himself in a very precarious position with no loopholes and he feels he has no repercussions and he will be laid off in 3 weeks with no workers' compensation.

If his hernia bursts during work in a 10 days from now and he will be sent to hospital ER and they operate on him and put screening mesh on his lower belly then, if so does he have a lawsuit case against the company, please.

I would highly appreciate any help in this, ASAP. Thank you so very much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">