• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation false police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shnuegums

MN

So there is a false police report that says I had done a 5th degree assault there is no video evidence but I did figure out some browser history evidence that should work to place the accuser in a different location then reported by the police at a pc only they have access to at that time. Anyways now that I lost my job, my boss is using this accusation to stop from paying me unemployment I told him I was innocent and had proof but he is not listening. So court for the incident is in January and hopefully I can prove my innocence and if/when I do I plan on counter suing for defamation and filing a false police report against the person who cost me my three jobs of 3 and a half years 2 part time and 1 fulltime I just want to know if I win do I have the grounds to counter sue for defamation and false police report? And secondly is the fact my boss has submitted paper work to unemployment saying I was fired for assault of a co worker, can I also sue him for defamation in the third party being it has to be something said or written to about me and I do have the police report for the first case and the unemployment denial reason for the second?

Antigone*

MN

So there is a false police report that says I had done a 5th degree assault there is no video evidence but I did figure out some browser history evidence that should work to place the accuser in a different location then reported by the police at a pc only they have access to at that time. Anyways now that I lost my job, my boss is using this accusation to stop from paying me unemployment I told him I was innocent and had proof but he is not listening. So court for the incident is in January and hopefully I can prove my innocence and if/when I do I plan on counter suing for defamation and filing a false police report against the person who cost me my three jobs of 3 and a half years 2 part time and 1 fulltime I just want to know if I win do I have the grounds to counter sue for defamation and false police report? And secondly is the fact my boss has submitted paper work to unemployment saying I was fired for assault of a co worker, can I also sue him for defamation in the third party being it has to be something said or written to about me and I do have the police report for the first case and the unemployment denial reason for the second?
Why did you start a new thread?

shnuegums

Sorry stated a new thread

Sorry I started a new thread I figured the old ones just got buried I didn't realize they popped up new or something, this is the first forum I have used and the first few times I have posted "threads" or what ever it is called. But now that I know I won't make the same mistake. Thanks.:eek:

shnuegums

These are also seperate questions

I asked on one thread about my case the second was about my being able to use my evidence and this thread was about me being able to file litigation cases against first the person that accused me and second file litigation case against my boss for appealing my unemployment based off of the false police report.

swalsh411

No you cannot sue your boss for fighting your unemployment based off a police report. Your victory there comes in getting approved for benefits; nothing more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">