• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

"Tate" Landrum

What is the name of your state?Virginia
This is to answer or reply to Beth3. Thank you for how to add comments or respond to a thread I already started, I will do my best. I am brand new to this, please be patient.
I am filing a claim for:1 the cost of a medicine 2 the cost of a EKG 3 and the cost of the visit of the EKG.
I have no counsel at this time except you and IAAL.
I have not recieved any notice of a "depostion", only of a phone call to my wife the other night.
Also here is where it gets a little "sticky": I have 2 original seperate claims with these 2 seperate states, VA and ND. The deposition is being asked for by the Defendant's counsel of this state, VA
I promise after hearing what you, IAAL, and the few people I have already talked to have said I guarantee I will be there at the deposition when it takes place.
Please feel free to continue answer

Beth3

Tate, IAAL and myself are NOT your counsel - please do not rely on us as such. I'm not a lawyer and neither of us are in a position to give you anything but the most general of advice, which may or may not be relevant as we simply do not know the particulars of your situation.

You might try contacting your area's Legal Aid Society and see if they can help you.

F

faigele

as you are not represented at this time, you have every right to contact the defense attorney to determine why they want to depose you and also to confirm the date and place of the depo.

T

"Tate" Landrum

Deposition

faigele, thank you for your advice, I have already written a letter to their lawyer( the Defendant's lawer here in Virginia) for a list of their questions that they will be asking at the Deposition( don't quite know where that will get me, but it is worth a try).I also in the same letter asked for a time and date of the depostion. And I also told them that I am involved with a claim in NOrth Dakota, got a lawyer there and sent them a copy of the questions I mailed to the Defendant's lawyer here in Virginia. Laws are different in these 2 states, don't know where that is going to get me either.
Best thing I can ask for besides your all advice, is prayers.Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">