• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Difference between TTD and Indemnity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Illinois
What is the difference between TTD payments and indemnity payments? Open WC claim ongoing for 4 years now. Have not reached MMI as of yet. They have previously discontinued TTD payments before but was reinstated. Was back paid for these payments. They have/are slow or refuse to pay medical bills even tho they approved the surgeries.
For the last 3 weeks, we have received the standard TTD check but have also receive a second check in the same amount. On these checks they say they are indemnity payments while the other says TTD payments. From what I have read on this site, indemnity payments are TTD payments. Is that correct? Would something like this be penalty payments for not paying TTD or the medical bills like they should? Should we contact the WC insurance company and inquire about these payments or should I call the Illinois Industrial Commission and see if they know what this is? Because of their screwing around, it has put us in financial hardship. We could really use this extra money, but if it is fraud or unjust, don't want the problems and morally it just would not be right. Just not sure what these payments are for or if they are valid. Afraid to "rock the boat" because especially at Christmas could use the money. If you could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to help me with this. All of this is just too much for my legally naive mind to understand.

I just want to know if he should be receiving both payments. Isn't TTD payments the same as indemnity payments? Can anyone tell me the difference between the two?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">