• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Difference between workmans comp and fmla

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jean Stranahan

I need to know the difference between workmans comp and FMLA I was injured on the job now my employer is trying yo have me sighn forms for FMLAstating I notified them I was taking FMLA when I notified them my M>D> took me out of work is there a difference or should I sighn these forms

Beth3

Worker's compensation is insurance your employer provides to cover the costs associated with work related illnesses or injuries of employees. Worker's comp is regulated by State laws.

The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is a federal law that requires employers to provide up to 12 weeks of leave time annually for a number of reasons, including an employee's "serious health condition."

If you have a work injury/illness and lose time from work because of it, it is perfectly okay and commonplace for your employer to attribute your leave time to FMLA if your medical situation meets the criteria of a "serious health condition." (If you need leave, it undoubtedly does.)

Sign the papers. Your employer isn't trying to pull a fast one on you if that's what you're thinking.

B

bugmann

n Dear Jean Strnahan, DO NOT sign FMLA papers if yoyu were hurt at work. My employer had tried that with me. Had I signed this I would have been tricked out of work comp Benefits. This is my first post on this site so I sure hope that Jean sees this. Please email me at [email protected] I have alot of useful information for you if intrested. I have been through all my WC and SSD hoops maybe I have learned something that may help you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Being on FMLA does NOT in any way invalidate a legitimate workers comp claim. Whoever told you that is lying to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">