• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Goldenbear27

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Mississippi

About 4 years ago I was working for an architect and while I was working for him I aggravated my tailbone (or so I thought) I was doing a lot of plotting (printing drawings on 24"x36" sheet) so I was getting up and down out of my chair an awful lot. What actually happened is this caused me to get a pilonidal cyst which is a cyst on or around the tailbone. It was called the jeep riders disease back in World War II. I didn't really think anything of it at first cause I just thought I rubbed it raw or something but it got worse and worse as time went on. About three years later I had to have surgery on it to get it removed. I no longer work for the guy and he no longer has his business but he did have workman's comp when I got this cyst. I need to know if I have any ground to stand on. Thank you!

Tony

rmet4nzkx

Sorry, you don't have a case, possibly if you had pursued it at that time it would but not this long after.
While it is called "Jeep seat" sitting at the wrong angle can aggrivate it, however it's cause is a combination of a congenital defect of the spine leaving a space and the irritation of a hair.
They are treated various ways sometimes with surgery, although they can return. It is very important to always sit carefully, avoid exercises like sit-up or others that put specific pressure there if you exercise you might consult re the proper types of exercise and be aware that it can happen again. If it does become inflamed again, seek immediate medical treatment before it becomes too large.

Beth3

And there's no other occasions outside of this job where you sat in a chair and got up and down a lot???

In all candor, the odds of your being able to establish medical causation to that particular job (or ANY job) are quite remote, particularly four years after the fact.

G

Goldenbear27

Thanks for the info

Thank you guys for taking time to reply and reply quickly i might add. hope you all have a good day!

Tony

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">