• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

docking my timesheets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thaladar

The company I work for just put trackers on all of our vehicles that we get to take home. since they have installed these trackers (gps), the ave been deducting times from the employee's timesheets because of the difference from the tracker reports. when we fill out our timesheets, we are supposed to round the time to the nearest quarter hour so if I start my vanat 6:52 am, I write 6:45 on my timesheet. If the tracker report states I started it at 6:52 am, my company deducts 15 min. from my check because they are rounding in there favor and saying it should be 7:00 am.
can they do this?
If we cannot see the time the tracker states, how can we believe what the company says?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">