• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does workman's comp cover your time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Viol8r

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My manager stated he believes the time that I spent going to their workmans comp. dr. should be taken from my PTO bank. Is that true. I thought the company paid that...

pattytx

Did this appointment take place immediately following your injury? If so, and the company directed you to go, then it's compensable time. If not, are you off work completely and receiving Work Comp benefits?

Viol8r

It's been a few weeks from the injury date. They did make the appointment for me and told me to go there during my normal work hours. I am still at work, nothing major.

Viol8r

yes... i just got an e-mail that says this....

According to Payroll you have to use PTO for the workers comp doctor’s appointment you had.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">