• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does'nt lifetime mean lifetime?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dpammyh

I worked for a home health agency in 1998, I was injured in a pt.'s home. I waited 3 yrs. for it to be settled in court. I was awarded lifetime medical benifits. I went to a Dr. that I picked out, and workman's comp. approved, for 3 yrs. Then last July, they send out a spokeperson, to ask the Dr. what he was doing for me. He got mad and said he did'nt need to be questioned. In result, workman's comp decided I was healed and stopped all medical coverage. My lawyer says they can't do that !!! But, they are. He says I need to pay for all my tests myself to prove I still need the medical treatment. I am paying for my own DR. bills but the tests run into the thousands of dollars and my other ins. won't touch it because it is involved in with W/C. Do I need to change lawyers? He says they have broken" breach of trust", which means we should go back to court. But it has now been 6 mo. and nothing has been done. In the meantime, I can hardly function, the pain is so bad. Please help !!!!
dpammyh[email protected]

seniorjudge

dpammyh said:
I worked for a home health agency in 1998, I was injured in a pt.'s home. I waited 3 yrs. for it to be settled in court. I was awarded lifetime medical benifits. I went to a Dr. that I picked out, and workman's comp. approved, for 3 yrs. Then last July, they send out a spokeperson, to ask the Dr. what he was doing for me. He got mad and said he did'nt need to be questioned. In result, workman's comp decided I was healed and stopped all medical coverage. My lawyer says they can't do that !!! But, they are. He says I need to pay for all my tests myself to prove I still need the medical treatment. I am paying for my own DR. bills but the tests run into the thousands of dollars and my other ins. won't touch it because it is involved in with W/C. Do I need to change lawyers? He says they have broken" breach of trust", which means we should go back to court. But it has now been 6 mo. and nothing has been done. In the meantime, I can hardly function, the pain is so bad. Please help !!!!
dpammyh[email protected]
If you are unsatisfied with that lawyer, get your file from him and hire a new one.

dpammyh

What about the fact that the first lawyer has already been paid in my case? He got his part of my settlement before I did. Do I need to go back to court to have him taken off my case?

seniorjudge

dpammyh said:
What about the fact that the first lawyer has already been paid in my case? He got his part of my settlement before I did. Do I need to go back to court to have him taken off my case?
Go camp out in your current lawyer's office until you get satisfactory answers to your questions.

mwether19

Your lawyer should have nipped that in the bud as soon as it happened. You shouldn't be paying your own medical bills. Get on him to fight that & also get reimbursed for all those medical bills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">