• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don't know what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fruitloop012

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
North Carolina. I am having carpul tunnel release surgery on the 22nd. My family is pressuring me to file workmanscomp. Can I prove this is a work related injury? I know the company I work for is really going to give me a hard time about this. I need my job. They have intimadated other people before and made them feel terrible. Most people end up quitting. My family says it is there responsiblity. I have worked at a very strengeous job for six years. Alot of heavy lifting. I have to have a job. Is it worth losing my job over or being made to feel like your nothing. Help

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one here has any idea whether you can or cannot prove this is work related. How could we possibly know what kind of proof you have?

Forget what your family is pressuring you to do. Do YOU think this is work related? If so, file. If not, don't file.

Your company is prohibited by law from taking any adverse action against you because you filed a workers comp claim. If they fire you because you file a workers comp claim, you can sue them for wrongful termination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">