• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don't let this happen to you

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

watersign2

I was injured at work in Texas. I dislocated my shoulder and was taken by ambulance to a hospital ER where my x-rays revealed a broken arm. My boss (not at work) had to be called to register me in. He filled out the paperwork with the W/C info. Hours later I woke to find my shoulder relocated. Released, I was to see an orthopedic dr. to fix the break ASAP. My problem is that the co. I work for is in bankruptcy. To make matters worse, I received a letter form the TX W/C board that the claim was denied because our policy was cancelled. Seems payment was delinquent by several months. No notice of cancellation was ever posted at the workplace(against the law) by my co. No appeal can be made. It was up to me to force my co. to pay my bills. My co. has lied to everone, falsely telling them to bill W/C when there was none. My surgery was delayed when the hospital(another one) found out about the no W/C. My co. had to make a down payment and sign for a monthly payment plan before surgery was arranged. Since the downpayment, all other payments made by chek have bounced. My orhto. now knows about the no W/C but is still treating me, but for how long! I am still in pain and the Dr. says I need an MRI and other tests so he will know if more surgery is needed. I let my co. know that until these tests are done, I would not be release back to work. I also had to go to physical therapy for several weeks. When I asked how the co. was paying, they called to question the W/C claim they were given. When they found out the truth, therapy was halted until the co. signed a letter of intent to pay. Since than therapy has been cancelled again! I have paid out of pocket for all medicine and other things. When I asked the co. about the needed tests, the co. said they had no more money! So, patiently I wait for my co. to sratch their butts to help me get over these hurdles and back to work. Noone seems to care!!! There will be more to this ongoing saga! Don't let this happen to you!!!!!!!
Check with your co. to be sure you have W/C!! NEED ADVICE about suing company, or boss (personally) or accounting person (who wrote the bad checks that caused the W/C policy to be cancelled)(she knew the whole time).

Last edited:

Maze

Tx w/c

I doubt if your employer would have told you the truth about having valid workers' comp insurance if you had asked. For future reference, though, you can check with Texas Workers' Comp Commission to verify coverage at this link: https://www.txcomp.twcc.state.tx.us/twccprovidersolution/emprsrhglbhtml. If a company is part of a larger corporation, policy is probably written under corporation name so you would have to check under the corporate name.

Not sure how quickly they update if a policy has been cancelled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">