• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dr's hands tied?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drc4556

What is the name of your state? texas

have failed back syndrome, arachnoiditis, 5 surgeries including 2 fusions, very limited mobility (wheelchair and walker). not work related-emphysema, diverticular disease. injury date 7-16-92 -ruptured disc L4-5. meds. include lortab, zanaflex, neurontin, zoloft for wc injury. recently sent to pain mgmnt clinic for consultation (6th rated dr. in the country), referred to pride pain mgmnt which my dr. opposes due to clinics' advice that all standard means were basically exhausted. ins. co. is after my dr. to cut my meds. or? in order to do so, he wants me to go to meditation therapy classes 5 days a week, 6 hrs. daily, for 6 weeks, in city an hour and a half away from home. i am not physically able to endure it. facet degeneration recently also discovered. if i don't comply, dr. states he has no choice but to let me go. he is already not receiving payment for my care! i was sent to texas rehab in the past for testing for possible retraining for employment, which i could not endure. dr. put me on permanent disability at that time ('2000). this all stems from ins. co's. going after drs. for prescribing in their opinion too many narcotics. i am also losing control of bowel functions among other things. what can i do??? i am not physically able, but?????

Beth3

Your situation is far too complex to address on a public bulletin board. You need to consult with a local worker's comp attorney.

D

drc4556

Thanks Beth

Thank you very much for your advice. I kind of figured that was the next step.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">