• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ear injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

larcarcon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO
I had an ear injury that has left me with what the docs dismiss as tinnitus and you will learn to live with it. I did receive a rating for some hearing impairment and maintenance. I have found out that maintenance will not cover the sleeping meds that one of the docs prescribed during the case that I use occasionally when I can't get past the squeal. The doc said that it isn't listed in the maintenance. What can I do? A months worth costs $150.
Also the rating doc didn't seem to consider the affects that the lack and quality of sleep has on my life, job, family. This was the division independent medical evaluation. So is that my last chance? Do I just have to live with it and his rating and his omission of sleeping meds in the maint?
I have continued to work since the accident so that I don't loose my job and it seems that the docs I have seen seem to mention that and disregard the concerns and affects I have described to them.
Thank you for your helpWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

W

Willlyjo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO
I had an ear injury that has left me with what the docs dismiss as tinnitus and you will learn to live with it. I did receive a rating for some hearing impairment and maintenance. I have found out that maintenance will not cover the sleeping meds that one of the docs prescribed during the case that I use occasionally when I can't get past the squeal. The doc said that it isn't listed in the maintenance. What can I do? A months worth costs $150.
Also the rating doc didn't seem to consider the affects that the lack and quality of sleep has on my life, job, family. This was the division independent medical evaluation. So is that my last chance? Do I just have to live with it and his rating and his omission of sleeping meds in the maint?
I have continued to work since the accident so that I don't loose my job and it seems that the docs I have seen seem to mention that and disregard the concerns and affects I have described to them.
Thank you for your helpWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You can always open the case back up if the effects of your injury gets worse. I think you have up to 5 years to do so.

ecmst12

If you only use the meds occasionally, then a month's supply should last a long time.

Also, they will be covered by your regular health insurance if not by worker's comp.

ecmst12

OP said in his initial post that he uses them occasionally.

If you have nothing of substance to add, don't post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">