• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer manager threw injury note

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paulwalker

My manager threw my injury note into trash can. i have never before been injured at job. i did not know about workers compensation. I felt a sudden excruciating pain in my back while unloading heavy irregular size boxes from a truck. I mimmediately told my immediate supervisor about thi san dhe said "keep on working". this person had a threatining way of making do work. i went to se e a doctor and she wrote down that i was injured while doing this. i gave the doctors note to my manager. he told me that i will b eokay soon and also told me to tell the doctor that i don't need to see her. he also told me that he would get my co-payment back. i thought he wa snice. but i should hav eknown better. thi smanager hughes never gave me light work and kept me loading heavy boxes. i loaded almost 1500 boxes in 3 hours or so every day.
what this man did was give me run arounds for 2 months and i never got my co-payment back. i was moved to another place. i told all my immediate supervisors that i was hurt at work. they never even once told me about workers comp. an dnever bothered to talk to this prevous manager. My back pain never went away. i tried over the counter medicines, hot water bottles, hot water baths. tired i went to another doctor and i still did not know about workers copm. so i used my own insurance. couple of days later i had a new manager. he asked me and i told him. he went to se ethis crooked manager. he said I never gave him anything. my new manager filed an injury report and the insurance company rejected my workers comp.

so much for being honest and working hard. for three months i tried going from hr to managers and they all gave me runarounds. all of them - the supervisors and managers.
tired i took my injury note from the two doctors i went to.
the insuarnce company send me to their doctor- dr. cha?da in north texas area. this guy made me wait for 3 hours just to see him. i should have known about him by then. that he is a company doctor, that the insurance company sends clients to him and he sides with them. he send me to get an mri.
i was shocked by what my mri report. i have hernioiated disks in 4 places and spinal stenosis.
a couple of days later i went to get my medical records and i foound that dr chavda had written lots of incorrect info. in them. they gave me a correction sheet and i made the corrections.
unfortunately i had the bad luckl to deal with this guy "HECTOR M." WHO WORK S THERE. THIS MAN GAVE ME RUNARAOUNDS for many days telling me wrong info deliberately that dr, chavda would dictate this correcction, it will come back it will be this day that day an dthi swent on for days. hector M lied and lied.
after this for three weeks the the insurance company gave me runarounds.
and finally after numerous phone calls they adjuster told me that my 4 herniated disks are common for people my age. i am 37 years. and that they won't be paying my workers comp. an dthat its been now almost 11 months.
i reported my injury after 5 days ,
muy manager hughes threw my injury note into trash, nebver told me about workers comp, 6 months later the new manager filed an injury report an dfor last 4 months i have been chasing thes e jerks. an d now i have no workers comp and the company has no work for me as this company doctor cha?da has released me for light work and the new manager has no light work for me. interstingly he told me ifirst i cannot lift more then 10 pounds and i took the note as i wa swalking out of this company doctors office i saw 20 pounds I went back to the nurse and and i told hetr that dr cha?da said 10 pounds and it says 20 on form. sh easked dr cha?da and he said no 20 pounds. lies , misrepresentations, this is what i got from these. interstingly when i went to hi soffice first dr, cha?da refuesed to let me see my x-ray. telling me with straight face "WHY DO YOU WANT TO LOOK AT YOUR X-RAY"

the manager destroyed me and he is still working
my back injury never went away.
the new manager has kept quiet
the insurance company adjuster jerked me.
what are my options
can i sue the manager personally?
can i use my

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

paulwalker said:
state name?

==================================

My response:

Yeah, you know . . . it's one of those 50 land masses, represented by a star on our flag, that make up the United "States" - like California, or Nebraska, or Texas, or Nevada, etc. You get the idea, right?

What is your State name? It was the question that you deleted before writing your post.

IAAL

P

paulwalker

whats your problem ? i am hurt and seeking advice and you shout what state i am from ? something seriously wrong with you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

So, instead of writing your State name, you write that blather?

Have a nice evening. We can't help you. Go see an attorney in YOUR "STATE".

IAAL

P

paulwalker

what does state name matter? if it helps its texas. the backward state.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

paulwalker said:
what does state name matter? if it helps its texas. the backward state.
=======================================

My response:

You're too late. You should have written Texas in your initial post. Do you think that Texas law is the same as Florida law, or California law, or Nevada law?

That's why we need your State name.

But, you want to make the decisions. You want to guide this ship. You want to argue the point. So, have it your way.

I'm moving on to someone else.

IAAL

P

paulwalker

please i am new to this forum. and i also did not kno wworkers copm. laws are different in each state,. help me please. thanks

S

Spatz

Just curious, what city in Texas do you work? You said you were sent to a doctor in N. Texas, so I am wondering if you are close to where I live. I have a current work comp claim that has become a NIGHTMARE as well. My doctor is also on the payroll of the insurance company. Just wanted to see if we might be connected in some weird sort of way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">