• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Not Responding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AzHippy

What is the name of your state? Arizona
10 weeks ago my son fell off a ladder that broke and broke both bones in his arm. His employer has not been very responsive in filling out his part of the paperwork. It took almost a month and many phone calls from different phones (as soon as he would see it was my son calling on caller id he would not answer) even to get him to fill his first report.

After about 6 weeks my son got his first check for minimum wage! The employer has not filled out a form saying how much his wages are, so they sent him a benefit check for minimum wage. Workers Comp says all they can do and ask and wait for him to fill out the paperwork confirming his wages.

Goodness, he has a baby and I have been helping with his rent and other expenses. Doubt that many can live on $400 a week. What can he do to get what is owed? And, now it looks like he will have to have surgery on the wrist to move a ligament that is rubbing on the break area.

Thanks in advance.

Granny

Beth3

I agree. Not only is the employer playing games with your son's WC claim, I expect they are in violation of State WC reg's to file a timely injury report with the carrier.

If your son has any delay in identifying a WC attorney and getting an appointment, he should call his State's WC Division directly and file a complaint about what's been taking place.

J

jessicajager

Force a response

I would definitely get an attorney, maybe even call the Department of Labor and Industry. Let them know that your son's boss filled out the WC claim wrong and now he is only receiving minimum wage because of it.

I would think it would be unlawful for his employer to screw up his WC claim by putting down the wrong wage level, plus by not filing the claim for so long.

Find an attorney that specializes in workman's comp claims. They know the system better than any of us do and they know what needs to be done and will help you fight for the WC money that your son should be getting.

J

jessicajager

phone numbers

I forgot to give you the phone number for the Department of Labor and Industry. It's 1-800-DIAL-DLI. They might be able to help you as far as the employer giving the wrong information for workman's comp wages.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">