• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer sending info. to collection agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buddyyo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hello friends,

My previous employer gave me advance of some money (company check deposit in to my account) and ran less amount of payroll afterwards to equal the settlement amount. Now as I left him and found other employer, he is sending warning emails that " they are going to send my information to collection agency to collect that advance amount". I never signed any contracts with them regarding my payroll or advance money.

Please suggest me consequences of this issue or "can they legally send it them to collection agencies" as they doesn't have any written contract.

Thank you,

John

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hello friends,

My previous employer gave me advance of some money (company check deposit in to my account) and ran less amount of payroll afterwards to equal the settlement amount. Now as I left him and found other employer, he is sending warning emails that " they are going to send my information to collection agency to collect that advance amount". I never signed any contracts with them regarding my payroll or advance money.

Please suggest me consequences of this issue or "can they legally send it them to collection agencies" as they doesn't have any written contract.

Thank you,

John
If you were overpaid, you better believe the can. So you think it is okay to steal from you former employer:eek::rolleyes:

buddyyo

If you were overpaid, you better believe the can. So you think it is okay to steal from you former employer:eek::rolleyes:
Thanks for your reply...

I am taking this example to clarify you. Imagine my salary is $6000. He gave me advance of $3000 and ran a payroll of $3000, then I left him and went with other vendor. So he is angry on me and giving me warning "like sending the info. to collection agency regarding $3000".

And more worse is I never signed contract regarding my payroll with him nor did he ask me to sign contract about the $3000 advance.

What is his right to claim that $3000 legally.

Thanks

John.

pattytx

I was confused because you posted in the Worker's Comp forum.

Did you work the entire period to EARN the $6K?

Request, in writing, a breakdown of why he thinks you owe him anything. Send it certified, return receipt requested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">