• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ending W/C

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ccd

I am from Fla, I have just had surgery on lower back from a job related injury and it appears that the surgery has been successful. I would like to know how things progress from here.

My Doctor has said that 15 years or so I will most likely have problems on the levels above and/or below the site operated on. I am not interested in getting over on anyone, just what I have coming ! At the end of process involving W/C, do they say see ya later ? Am I entitled to scarring compensation, future medical down the road, etc. ? Anyone with insight appreciated !!

Thanks, Ccd

J

johnlw

w/c settlement ?

i just recently ended my work comp case. i dont know what type of injury or surgery you had but in my case i had l4,l5,s1 full disectomy,laminectomy,removal of bone spurs and cages inserted then bone grafted,on the second i had rods and screws with bone grafting done.unfortunatly they did not work for me i am now totally,permantly disabled but i digress. as far as the settlement you might want to hire a work comp attorney if you haven't already they will get their share but its worth it. you will probably have several ways to go including lump sum settlement amounts that vary for severity or if you go for lifetime medical you will probably have to give up some of the money. i personally took the lump sum for various reasons that may not apply to you such as social security disability and the problems with dealing with the work comp ins. co. for health care. i wish you the best of luck and hope you recover 100%

C

cd4587

Fla does not have "scarring compensation" Check with a W/C atty. They will get 10% + 750.00 and expenses. Best of luck in recovery

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">