• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eposed Pink Insulation ceiling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mll5083

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Vermont

*The title should read, "Exposed Pink Insulation Ceiling at Work."*

My mechanic shop at work is the basement of a building. My ceiling is wood beams with pink insulationing tacked onto it between the rapters. They must have installed this 25 years ago. The pink insulation doesn't have the browin paper.

Is this allowed or should it be covered up?

justalayman

it is allowed. It should be covered simply because as the oil from your work floats around and saturates the glass it becomes less effective as an insulation.

what difference does it make if it is covered or not to you? How is it harming you?

racer72

Pink (or other colors of spun glass insulation) are not harmful when in a static state such as dscribed. It can be hazardous when handled, inhalation of the fibers can cause problems over a period of time. I installed a ton of this stuff years ago, my biggest problem was all the glass slivers I had to remove from my arms every night.

FlyingRon

Healthwise it is not a problem.
However, having it exposed in a workspace is probably a fire code issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">