• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expense Reimbursement for Overseas Prescription?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SWIMteam

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

I couldn't tell where exactly this thread belonged...my apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Some facts:
- I have declined my Employer's health insurance to save the company (a start up) some money.
- Employer sent me to UK to complete a project.
- While in UK, the job was delayed and I had run out of my prescription meds.
- No one was available in the States to replace my position in UK, I had to get prescription from a local hospital.
- The prescription cost came out to be approximately $3300USD. The invoice is billed to my name.
- I have healthcare through a specialized State program that is a part of MediCal and all my prescriptions, doctor visits, etc is covered by California. They will not cover international healthcare.
- I have an email thread from with my Employer discussing the situation while I was in the UK, and Employer writes: "Ok, if we can manage this without making too much trouble/noise that would be better….if any payment is needed we can handle that

Let me know if you need any help
"

Employer has said numerous times in-person that the Employer will take care of it. The invoice was issued Dec-2014. It is now Feb-2016 and the bill still unpaid.

Question is: Can I pay the bill myself and file an expense report with my Employer to seek a reimbursement? Do I have legal provisions to insist that my Employer reimburse me (like file a claim with DLSE)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">