• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chgabby

I live in Ky. I broke my foot,(5th metatarsal) in Sept 2001) I was a fast food operation manager. I initially reported the incident to my employer and to WC. After it was deemed a broken bone, and I had the walking cast on. I tried to retun to work. I started to get sharp pains in my lower back and called the Dr. His nurse told me it was probably because of the way I was having to walk on the foot. I stayed home for a couple of days, and tried it again, hoping everything would be ok. Well, it wasn't. The General Manager was there that day and saw the pain I was in, he even went to the extent of going to the drug store to buy some asprin. Told me to go home. Injury to back may have happened when I first fell and broke my foot, or it may have happened subsequent to walking on the cast. Should he have reported the back incident to wc? He was aware of the incident. also other employees were present. WC is refusing to accomodate the back problem, because they don't see the relation to the foot problem. Should this have been reported as a second injury? If yes, what recourse do I have? The Dr. has issued a MMI and I have been released to work with restrictions. Back and foot still hurting bad. Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">